Types of Valuation Reports
Reports comply with International Valuations standards Council [IVSC]
ESTIMATE VALUATION REPORT
- This report contains a conclusion as to the value of the asset being valued; based upon the performance of limited procedures agreed upon by the appraiser and the client. The valuer will request the information required to conduct a valuation; perform limited corroboration and management interviews . The report includes analysis of products, industry, suppliers, customers, value drivers , risks and tax consequences. No other verification or corroboration of the information received is performed nor is any physical inspection of the assets or business conducted .
- This report is used for buy and sell evaluations and independent valuation of a business interest, estate planning and insurance coverage .
- Time to complete report: 2 week
- Standards: IVCS
- Report length: 20-50 Pages
CALCULATION VALUATION REPORT
- Provides an indication of value; based upon the performance of limited procedures agreed upon with the client. The valuer will only consider the information received , perform limited analysis and review; with no verification or corroboration of the information received.
- The report is brief ;with annexures supporting the valuation conclusion and detailing the limited procedures and analysis conducted and the valuation methodology applied. This report provides the least amount of assurance with respect to the value conclusion . The report is used for review and preliminary analysis,
- Time to complete report: 1 week
- Standards: General
- Report length: 10 Pages
COMPREHENSIVE VALUATION REPORT
- Provides a comprehensive report and valuation as to the value of shares , or an interest in a business . The review is includes analysis, verification and corroboration of relevant information from internal and external sources . This report provides the highest level of assurance and cost.
- This report is often used in acquisitions or vendor exit or succession plans, shareholder /partner disputes, Estate duty , finance due diligence and divorce proceedings and litigation support.
- Time to complete report: 4 week
- Standards: IVSC
- Report length: 50-100 Pages